Brass or stainless steel bodies housing a proprietary mix of eutectic alloys allowing the safe controlled release of pressure in the presence of excess heat.
Fusible Plugs are thermally operated non-reclosing pressure relief devices to function by the yielding or melting of the fusible alloy.
· Corrosion resistant construction and available in brass or stainless steel
· Fusible Plugs are limited to be used in applications where the service pressure does not exceed 500 psig (3,440 kPa)
· Fusible Plugs do not protect against overpressure from improper charging practices
· Underwriters Laboratories listed and approved as Fusible Plugs, Refrigerant. Globe recommends where Fusible Plugs are installed in an atmosphere which can cause stress/strains or corrosion of surfaces, the plugs be examined annually and replaced if evidence of corrosion or stress/strain is evident.
· Used For Fire Protection
· Mechanical Heat Activated Device